Let us recap the important details of what it means to eat the flesh and drink the blood of Christ:
- We must receive Him as a personal Savior. Personal is not vicariously but personally.
- We must believe that He alone can, and will fully and freely forgives us all our sins that we confess and repent from. However, it is not enough to believe in the forgiveness of sin; by faith we must be constantly receiving spiritual strength and nourishment from Him through His Word.
- We must believe that we are complete in Him—not in and through any one, any other means or not in anything we can do.
- We must be constantly beholding and contemplating His love. This alone is a struggle in itself for a thousand faces, personalities, topics, and activities vie for our attention!
- A theoretical knowledge will do us no good. We must feed upon Him, receive Him into the heart—so that His life becomes our life—by assimilating His love and His grace. Few ever view the gospel work on earth as having for its goal Christ’s life becoming ours; that is, we live the kind of life that He lived on earth!
- Following the example modeled by Christ, the living Word, the principles of God’s Word and His law must be assimilated so that it becomes the motive power of our life and actions.