3 large eggplants
(vegans can use olive oil or coconut oil mixed with honey to make the nugget coating stick to the eggplant)
3 cups of Almonds (or use hemp seeds as an alternative)
1/2 tablespoons of Turmeric
3 tablespoons of Himalayan Salt
1 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper (more if you want it spicy)
Extra virgin Coconut Oil for cooking
1. Chop the egg plant into cubes for the nuggets.
2. In a bowl whisk the eggs. Drop the eggplant cubes into the egg and let it soak.
3. Mix the turmeric, almonds, cayenne pepper and himalayan salt in a blender until you have a smooth crumbly consistency.
4. Place one eggplant cube at a time into the spice coating mix and cover well. Do this with all of them.
5. In a fry pan heat the oil. When it is hot and sizzling add the eggplant nuggets to the pan and let it cook until the outside is a crunchy golden brown.
6. Serve with TED chips, wedges, sweet potato fries or tomato sauce! Whatever else you would like to eat it with!
This recipe is GLUTEN FREE, REFINED SUGAR FREE, DAIRY FREE, SOY FREE.
This recipe created by Liana Werner-Gray.
This recipe is part of © 2013 THE EARTH DIET