Jasmine’s Bitter Melon Juice
Yield: 2 servings Serving size: 8 oz. (1 glass)
- 1 – 8 in. long bitter melon
- 2 – 4 in. diameter oranges
- 1 teaspoonful of organic blue agave or honey (optional)
- Extract bitter melon and orange juices using a Juicing machine.
- Add your sweetener after extraction (optional).
- Serve cold . Better drunk immediately but could be stored in refrigerator for 1 day.
Jasmine’s Bitter Melon-Mango Smoothie
Yield: 3 servings Serving size: 8 oz. (1 glass)
- 1 – 8 inches long bitter melon
- 4 – 4 ½ inches long Ataulfo mango
- Ice Cubes
- 1 tablespoon of organic blue agave sweetener or honey (optional)
- Put all ingredients in a powerful blender.
- Serve cold. Better drunk as soon as it is made but could be stored by freezing for a day.
1. If fruits are not organic, soak them in lemon water (juice of half a lemon in a gallon of water) for 10-15 minutes.
2. It is best that juices and smoothies are drunk immediately. Storing would mean lose of nutrients specially the water soluble nutrients like vitamin C.
3. Drink 3-ounces of pure Bitter Melon juice per day.
4. For the nutritional value and health benefits of the drinks, please refer to the article Bitter Melon: The Wonder Herb, Both mangoes and oranges are rich in vitamin C and vitamin A.